DU Admission 2019 – The University of Delhi is expected to start DU 2019 admission process on or before May 24, 2019. The Delhi University admission process for undergraduate programmes (B.A, B.Com and B.Sc etc ) will be common for all affiliated colleges except for St.Stephen’s College which will be open from May 22, 2019. To participate in the DU admission 2019, candidates must register and fill the DU application form. DU 2019 admission will be merit-based for some programmes and through an entrance exam for some. DU Admission will be on the basis of ‘Best of four’ subject marks for merit-based programmes while marks scored in the entrance exam will be considered for the rest. About 11 cutoffs will be announced for DU admission 2019. To know more about DU admission 2019 read the article below. DU 2019 admission process is the entry to around 56,000 seats in the 82 colleges including affiliated and autonomous colleges of the state.
In this article, Candidates can get details about DU important dates, application form, admission procedure, eligibility, fee, Best of Four for DU Admission, colleges, courses, cut-offs and documents required for admission.
DU Admission 2019 – Overview
|Name of University||University of Delhi|
|Mode of Admission||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Number of Seats||56,000 plus|
|Programmes Offered||B.A, B.Com and B.Sc etc|
|Number of Colleges||82|
|Who can apply||Gen/OBC/SC/ST, Persons with Disabilities (PwD),|
Kashmiri Migrant (KM), Armed Forces (CW),
Nominated Sikkimese Students and Ward Quota,
Minority college applicants,
(ECA) categories, women applicants from Delhi
seeking admission in Non-Collegiate
Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)
DU 2019 Admission Dates
|Online registration starts (For St. Stephen’s College)||May 22, 2019|
|Online registration starts||May 24, 2019|
|Last date of online application submission||May 31, 2019|
|Re-opening of the application window for updating (For UG courses)||To be notified|
|The application window closes for updating (For UG courses)||To be notified|
|First cutoff list||To be notified|
|Second cutoff list||To be notified|
|Third cutoff list||To be notified|
|Fourth cutoff list||To be notified|
|Fifth cutoff list||To be notified|
|Commencement of classes||To be notified|
|Closing date of admission||To be notified|
What’s new in Delhi University Admissions 2019?
- Increase in Registration Fee- Applicants of DU 2019 admission may be required to pay Rs 200 instead of Rs. 150 (Gen category). SC/ST candidates will have to pay Rs. 150.
- Correction Window- Candidates can now correct mistakes made in their DU application form 2019 by paying Rs. 100 per change.
- Increase in Cancellation Fee- DU admission cancellation fee will now be Rs. 1000.
- Online Marks Calculator- To aid students, the ‘Online Marks Calculator’ will be incorporated for calculation of their ‘Best of Four’ aggregate marks.
- Live Display on the Website- A 24*7 live display of the cutoffs and the vacant seats will be available on the DU admission 2019 portal.
- ECA/Sports candidates- Intake of ECA and Sports candidates will not exceed 10% than the actual strength of every class. Such candidates will get up to 3 sub-categories to choose under ECA and Sports category
- Stream Change- Any stream change during DU 2019 admission process will incur a deduction of 2% instead of the earlier 5% of the ‘Best of four’ aggregate marks
DU Admission 2019 Procedure
DU admission process is separate for merit-based programmes and entrance test based ones. However, all applicants (both merit and entrance exam) must register on a centralized DU UG admission portal that is likely to start from May 24. The details of the courses are mentioned below. The process of admission at Delhi University for merit based courses is on the basis of the best of four marks of the qualifying exam. Check the procedure below
- Online Registration
- Check the college and course cut-offs
- Select colleges and course
- Verification of documents at colleges
- Approval of admission by college
- Online payment of admission fee
Delhi University Application Form 2019
The application form of Delhi University admission 2019 for all colleges will be available by May 24, 2019. However, the applications for St. Stephen’s College will start from May 22, 2019. To fill the DU 2019 application form, the candidates will have to get the access of Delhi University admission portal by getting themselves registered online. Candidates applying for undergraduate programmes must first complete the online registration process on the admission portal of the University of Delhi. The steps to fill the application form of DU admissions are:-
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates must first register through a one time process. This will create their user name and password to be used for future login purposes.
Step 2 – Login and fill details: Candidates must enter their user name and password. They must enter their personal, bank, academic details and also the “best of four” marks. The calculation can be done using the online calculator provided by the university. The procedure to calculate the best of four is given below.
Step 3 – Uploading documents: Candidates must upload the following documents
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Scanned signature of the applicant.
- Self Attested Class X certificate/marksheet containing Date of Birth.
- Self attested Class XII Marks Sheet OR self-attested copy of the Marks Sheet downloaded from the respective Board’s website should be uploaded in case of result not declared
- Self-attested copy of the valid SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW certificate, if applicable
- Self-attested copies of Sports/ECA certificates, if applicable
Step 4 – Payment of application fee
Delhi University 2019 Admission – Application Fee
After the candidates are done registering themselves for Delhi University admission portal and filling the application form, they can continue to remit the Delhi University admission fees online through debit cards/credit cards/netbanking. The admission fee of DU 2019 admission will vary for different categories. The table given below will give you an insight on DU admission fee.
DU Application fee 2019
|Registration fee for UR/OBC||150 (Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD||75 (Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for Sports||100 (Additional Non-Refundable)|
|Registration fee for ECA||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-refundable)|
* Fee is expected to change in 2019
- Urgent Workers Needed. in Qatar
- Workers in hotel wanted
- General Nurse Vacancy in Qatar
- 10 Trailers Needed Urgently in Qatar
- Used Concrete Road Barrier Needed Urgently
- Housmaid Wanted in Qatar
- Waitress Waiter and Drivers Required
- Chef de Partie and Waitress Required
- Sales representative Job in Dubai
- Reception Needed in Qatar
- House driver Vacancy in Qatar
- JOB Opportunity for Director Internal Audit
- Hiring of Delivery Executives (Light Car & Motor Bike).
- We are Hiring for the position of HR (Office Assistant).
- Computer Operator Job in Dubai
Read Also This
Social tagging: Delhi Collage > Delhi University 2019 > DU Admission > India Collage > online Admission 2019