QR21054 – Finance Officer – Cash and Liquidity Management l Qatar Airways l Doha
Organisation: Qatar Airways
Job Function: Finance
Division: Finance (Division)
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
City: Middle East | Qatar | Doha
Last date of application: 02-Jun-2019
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
This role will be to maintain accurate, complete, reliable accounting information complying with existing Qatar Airways accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards to meet the timely reporting needs of the Group.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Prepare and monitor month end/year end accounting closing timeline by interacting with the management, other departments, external/internal auditors and other key stakeholders.
- Monthly review of balance sheet and summarize the review points for management with action plan to resolve
- Guides other accounting staffs by answering questions for proper accounting of transactions.
- Prepare and update of the company finance policy manual, internal accounting procedures and suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with international accounting standards related to overall accounting and reporting
- Prepare financial data for local authorities’ to meet compliance requirements.
- Perform fixed assets related task as assigned.
- Maintain the company chart of accounts.
- Preparation of reconciliations, schedules on monthly basis for internal review and yearly for audit purpose.
- Liaising with external auditors during the annual closing of financials.
- Other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Final level of CPA/CA/ACCA
- MBA from a recognised university
- Experienced – minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Airline background with similar experience.
- Knowledge of IAS/IFRS.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge on accounting principles and standards
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge on Oracle financials and computer skills including MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to prepare financials statement independently.
- Accounting expertise with IAS/IFRS knowledge and able to apply and communicate correctly.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
- Urgent Workers Needed. in Qatar
- Workers in hotel wanted
- General Nurse Vacancy in Qatar
- 10 Trailers Needed Urgently in Qatar
- Used Concrete Road Barrier Needed Urgently
- Housmaid Wanted in Qatar
- Waitress Waiter and Drivers Required
- Chef de Partie and Waitress Required
- Sales representative Job in Dubai
- Reception Needed in Qatar
- House driver Vacancy in Qatar
- JOB Opportunity for Director Internal Audit
- Hiring of Delivery Executives (Light Car & Motor Bike).
- We are Hiring for the position of HR (Office Assistant).
- Computer Operator Job in Dubai
Read Also This
Social tagging: airline jobs > qatar airways > qatar airways jobs > qatar jobs